Whether your company has two employees or 10,000, we have plans that fit.
Life insurance is something that no one likes to think about. All the same, 86 percent of Americans believe that life insurance is something most people need, and most of us have some.1 That's the good news.
The bad news is that most Americans don't have enough. About 30 percent don't have any life insurance at all, and a total of 60 million households have a life insurance "need gap" that averages $200,000.2 Those who are insured have coverage equal to less than four times their annual income. Most experts believe that coverage to 10 times one's annual income is a more reasonable rule of thumb.3
That's why Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana offers a range of life insurance coverage plans for your clients and their employees to choose from.
Employee and dependent life coverage paid for by the employer.
Did you know…
- Strong life insurance coverage is essential for your group customers who want to create a robust and competitive benefit package for their employees.
- Life insurance offers your employees and their families a safeguard from many unexpected expenses if something should happen to them.
- Employers can offer this high-value benefit at a great price; and, employer-funded plans generally count as a business deduction for employers.
Optional employee and dependent life coverage paid for by the employee through the convenience of payroll deduction.
Did you know…
- Voluntary plans offer extra value to employees at no added cost to the employer's company. Premiums are payroll-deducted, which means benefits are convenient for employees and economical for employers.
- Voluntary term life insurance is a way to provide the same protection as our Basic Group Term Life in a way that is cost-effective to both employers and their employees.
- Employers can offer voluntary term life coverage with any Basic Life plan or as a stand-alone plan.
- This option allows employees to purchase additional coverage above what an employer may offer with our Basic Life insurance. This helps provide financial stability and would protect employees' families from some unexpected expenses, if something were to happen to them.
Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) coverage provides protection for accidents.
Why add Voluntary High-Limit AD&D?
- It's a fact of life: Accidents happen. By choosing Voluntary High-Limit Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) coverage, employees can give themselves and their family members 24-hour protection in case of accidental loss of life, limb, hearing or sight.
- We offer Voluntary AD&D coverage to employers and their employees at low, affordable rates. This option can also be offered with any group life insurance coverage or as a stand-alone plan.
- Just like with our voluntary life coverage, premiums are paid by the employee through payroll deduction.
- This plan requires no underwriting, and it's all guaranteed issue!
Download Life Product Information
Download LABI Life Product Information (for members of the Louisiana Association of Business and Industry)
1 LIMRA and LIFE Foundation 2016 Insurance Barometer Study
2 LIMRA International, Trends in Life Insurance Ownership, 2016
2 LIMRA International, Trends in Life Insurance Ownership, 2011